Notice of Cemetery Access and Business Operations
A primary function of the Meridian Cemetery Maintenance District is to serve taxpayers, patrons, and the public with reliable and honorable service to those that are loved and remembered in this cemetery.
An Order of the District Board of Health, Central District Health, state of Idaho (“Order”), issued on July 14, 2020 now prescribes how the District operates to protect our employees and public health in relation to the coronavirus.
Cemetery entrances will be open sunup to sundown, which has been the normal hours of access. UNDER THE ORDER, GATHERINGS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE, OF 50 OR MORE ARE PROHIBITED. INDIVIDUALS NOT RESIDING WITHIN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD SHALL MAINTAIN AT LEAST SIX FEET PHYSICAL DISTANCING FROM OTHER INDIVIDUALS WHENEVER POSSIBLE. EVERY PERSON IS REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE COVERING THAT COMPLETELY COVERS THE PERSON’S NOSE AND MOUTH WHEN THE PERSON IS ON THE CEMETERY GROUNDS AND OTHERS ARE PRESENT AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING OF SIX FEET CANNOT BE MAINTAINED. Our employees will continue working normal work hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please respect our employees and comply with social distancing. Please do not put our staff in the position of having to carry out the Order. The office will be open by appointment only.
Further information is available via:
- Our web site at meridiancemetery.com
- Our office phone message at 208-888-5705*
- Funeral home and/or Cremation services establishments in the area
*We ask for your understanding and patience; due to limited resources, calls will be prioritized and responses may be delayed.
895 E. Franklin Road, Meridian, Idaho
Welcome to Meridian Cemetery
The Meridian Cemetery was founded in 1878 and became the Meridian Cemetery Maintenance District in 1934 to better serve the citizens of Meridian and the adjoining countryside. The cemetery grounds consist of property held and maintained for the constituents of the special taxing district which is composed of properties within Ada County, and the cities of Meridian and Boise.
The Meridian Cemetery District is charged with beautifying, improving and maintaining the Meridian Cemetery under Idaho statute. We strive to maintain the property owned by the district as a place of peace and beauty for burial and memorialization of the deceased, as well as provide services to our constituents and the public in a professional and respectful manner giving consolation to families and individuals by meeting their needs with compassion.
Use our plot search feature to locate your loved one. Search by name, birth-date, and more.
Maps – Cemetery & District Boundaries
View of our grounds.
A comprehensive itemized price list of all services.
Rules and Regulations
Detailed grounds rules and regulations.
STATEMENT CONCERNING SELF-GUIDED BURIALS
The Meridian Cemetery Maintenance District exists to serve taxpayers, patrons, and the public with reliable and honorable service to those that are loved and remembered in this cemetery. We are committed to continuing to provide service during these uncertain times. In order to do so, certain restrictions will apply until further notice in order to comply with the Central District Health Order regarding COVID-19.
- Burials and urn interment are limited to being self-guided. Patrons will need to coordinate these through the funeral director. Funeral directors are responsible for all self-guided activity. All scheduling of self-guided burials shall be arranged through the cemetery manager.• Burials and urn interment are limited to being self-guided. Patrons will need to coordinate these through the funeral director. Funeral directors are responsible for all self-guided activity. All scheduling of self-guided burials shall be arranged through the cemetery manager.
- Gatherings of any type are limited to 50 people. Patrons not residing in the same household are required to maintain at least six feet physical distance whenever possible.• Gatherings of any type are limited to 50 people. Patrons not residing in the same household are required to maintain at least six feet physical distance whenever possible.
- Face covering is required of all visitors and staff. No exceptions.
- While closed to walk-in traffic, the cemetery office is open by appointment.
The staff have no authority to override the restrictions above and may be subject to disciplinary action for violating what is outlined in this statement. Your understanding and cooperation are appreciated. All other policies of the Meridian Cemetery Maintenance District remain in place. Sincerely, MERIDIAN CEMETERY MAINTENANE DISTRICT
4841-5559-9053, V. 7